When a man is unable to make a fertile woman to be pregnant after one year of unprotected sexual intercourse is said to be 'infertile' .
In recent findings, it is found about 60 to 70 % of couples fail to conceive in first six months and about 10 to 15% of couples fail to conceive after one year of unprotected sexual intercourse. If the couples fail to get conceive after one year of unprotected sexual intercourse, the cause should be rule out. It is found recently that the male and female is equally responsible for the infertility in which female is said to be the reason in most times which is wrong. (Overcoming Male infertility A guide for you) Read this article too Male infertility
Here the male infertility is in detail.
Causes of male infertility:
Male infertility is due to the failure of the sperm to reach the viable ovum and fertilize it to form fertilized ovum. For male infertility many reasons would play under as the reason. It is essential to know the exact place of the cause to produce infertility. The reason for infertility present from the place of production of sperms till they reach the female body after ejaculation.
Disorders in Sperm production:
Healthy sperm production is the necessary for the man to make viable to give birth to child. When the sperm production is disturbed due to any reason it would make a man to infertile. The reasons which disturbs sperm production are within the testes and outside the testes. ( Micra sperm test - A Home test for sperm count and motility)
- Production of sperm is disturbed when there is an injury to the scrotum region, previous surgery near the groin region.
- Some previous illness like mumps, any infection and inflammation of testes (Orchitis) also plays important role to affect the testes and thus produce defects in sperm production.
- There are causes away from the testes which repair sperm production. It would be mainly due to hormone defects. Any hypothalamic diseases, pituitary deficiency or thyroid disorder (hyperthyroidism/ hypothyroidism) affects sperm production a lot.
- When there is increased blood supply to the testes like in varicocele, the sperm production is affected and it produce the male to be infertile.
- Cryptorchidism is a rare condition occurs in man to produce infertility.
- Using excessive alcohol and other steroid drugs, marijuana and anabolic drugs effect sperm production by altering hormone axis between hypothalamus - pituitary - testes axis
The normal sperm has to reach the ovum to make it fertile. Even when the production of the sperm is normal, it should be conducted from the place of origin, testes to the female genital tract. There are many factors which hinder the transport of sperm to the destination and the reasons are present in the man. It is said here.
- Premature ejaculation is the most common reason for male infertility. Many men in the world is facing this problem. The causes for premature ejaculation varies and the common cause is due to any injury and psychological problems like guilt, shyness.
- Erectile dysfunction is next common cause for male to make them infertile. Most times there are problems in the organs to form erectile dysfunction.
Useful links: Semen detection test strips
Fertilitea : A natural fertility tea blend